Patients who have lost all their teeth in one of the jaws or both jaws, find their perfect solution to fixed teeth in All on 6. As the term denotes in all on six, as many as six Implants are used to replace missing teeth in a jaw with natural looking Implant restorations. It is the perfect solution for patients who have low bone density or low bone volume and have lost all the teeth in the jaw.
Dental Implant Procedure duration: 20 minutes to 2 hours depending on the number of teeth implants planned. Crown(s) on implants require separate appointments (minimum 3).
Anesthesia: On most occasions only local anesthetic is required however general anesthesia and conscious sedation can also be chosen.
- Several postoperative checkups are required making it a multi visit procedure.
- Shelf life: Results can last for a lifetime.
Healing time: It usually takes 24 hours to 3 days for healing requiring minor NSAID’S (non - steroidal anti-inflammatory, analgesic medication) and antibiotics.
Possible Risks: Dental Implant problems may include infection or a possible failure. Please discuss with your dentist all the possible risks and alternatives. A well informed decision is strongly advocated.
The computer guided all on 6 dental implant placement is extremely safe, accurate and virtually painless. A CBCT Scan is done and the data is imported into advance implant placement software to plan and execute exact implant placement. Precise placement of six straight implants and abutments is planned with the help of this software. 3-D model printing of the treatment planning results in a surgical guide. This surgical guide enables the surgeon to execute precise and exact implant placement. Since so much of the time and effort is spent on treatment planning phase that actual appointment time for implant placement goes very quickly.
Steps involved in All on 6 Dental Implants processes:
- Initial consultation
- Imaging visit: A high-tech CBCT Scan (3-D Scan) is performed together your digital information of the jaw bones.
- In laboratory: The information provided by the CBCT Scan is processed by planning software to create a 3-D virtual model of the jaw.
- Final office visit: A local anesthesia is given to numb your tissues
- A 3-D printed template (surgical template similar to night guard) is placed in mouth.
- Stabilizing pinse hold the surgical guide at correct position in the jaw.
- Implants are guided into the précised position in the jaw bone by drill sleeves.
- The teeth are positioned over the implants.
- Titanium screws hold the teeth in place.
Advantages of All on Six Implants
- Surgery takes less than 1 hour.
- Highly précised and accurate procedure.
- Minimal swelling
- Cost effective
- Fewer dental visits are required
Can be done for both upper and lower jaw in the same day